What to do if the following error message shows: “The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem. The certificate does not match the installed application certificate, does not support application upgrades, or is invalid. Please contact the application author.”
- Uninstall the existing VerseVIEW from Windows or MAC
- Install the latest version from the VerseVIEW site.
Launching VerseVIEW produces the following error “app:/verseview2.html][11:00:49] TypeError: Result of expression ‘bibleVersionArray[e]’ [undefined] is not an object.”. VerseVIEW does not open
- Close VerseVIEW
- Open Windows Explore and go to C:\Users\[Your user name]\AppData\Roaming\ folder.
- There you will find a folder named Verseview5. Delete it or rename it to something else.
- Then restart VerseVIEW. It will rebuild the entire database.
Open terminal and change folder to the following:
/Users/<userName>/Library/Containers/(folder with verseview)/Data/Library/Application Support/ [OR]
There you will find a folder named Verseview5. Rename it to something else. (Don’t delete it)
Then launch VerseVIEW again. It will rebuild the entire database
How to display just one Bible Version on the presentation
Click on Bible > Select Version from the top menu. Then check the box that says “Display only one Version” and click SAVE.
How does one install VerseVIEW on a computer that does not have Internet connection
- Download Adobe AIR from the Download page
- Download VerseVIEW, also from the Download page.
- Install Adobe AIR first and then VerseVIEW.
What to do if the font for the Bible translation or Songs do not look correct.
Some text requires special font that has to be installed on your computer. Ensure you are using the latest version of VerseVIEW. This should automatically include the latest font.
Go to Bible > Manager Version from the top menu and select the translation of choice to available fonts.
How to capture a screen shot?
There are number of ways to capture a screenshot. Ideally, open VerseVIEW or the application that you want the screenshot of. Then press Alt + PrintSCREEN button on your keyboard together. Open PAINT program and paste (CTRL+V) the screenshot on PAINT. Save the file as JPEG and email the file to email@example.com.